--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "New Beetoap" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> This is what I dont get. Why does everyone (almost everyone)
measure
> things by 'its better then it was' when there are obvious problems
> with whats being done?

response: what's obvious too me is that the area continiues to
improve....is it perfect? no....but is anythng ever perfect?  to me
the look of the pavillions is a very subjective.....i guess this is
what you are referring to as obvious problems?

where would the boardwalk be today if MM was not here?  this is the
MM era of the boardwalk and you should judge the progress of bw from
when they started taking an active role here just over a year ago.
to suggest that the boardwalk has not benefited tremendously from
their presence is crazy in my opinion. (leaning towards
awesome....time will tell)

> Seems that anything is accepted and saying that its bad or could
be
> better gets you flagged as not going along with the project. I
didnt
> see how "bad" it was so am looking at things as what they are not
> what they were.

response: I for one doesn't care about how good or bad it was in
forming my opinion of what is happening today.  do you like it
today? if not there are plenty of other options on the shore and
elsewhere. i am not trying to be a wiseguy, but if the bw is really
that dissappointing why bother even coming here when you could spend
your time somewhere else?

> Guess thats the problem with being in Asbury a long time you lose
> sight of what good work and design are supposed to look like. Very
> strange considering the minority opinion, if paid attention to,
would
> make Asbury much better.

response: maybe yes maybe no.....I also don't feel that there is
anything wrong about being 50/50 on an issue.  why do you have to be
all in or all out on the project?  seems to me in most cases that
the people that are leaning towards the positive are more balanced
in their opinion, where the people that don't like certain aspects
are only posting negative comments and are not recognizing the
positive.  maybe some don't see any positive?

give it some more time....the boardwalk is not finished yet.

John