--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "New Beetoap" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Im not measuring the present against any memories, but against
>what
> the hype and plan that was advertised. You /me/everyone was
>promised
> that the waterfront would be finished my now - its not even close.

It was promised the plan would be finished by NOW!?!?  Did you read
the plan, Newbie?  It's a 30 year contract.   Where did you get the
idea it would be finished by now?   Show me the exaact source that
said that (besides you right now).

> You obviously also have no clue about architecture, or maybe you
>have
> no clue about what the bandstand building looked like when it was
> built.

It looked like a monstrosity of bad archetecture, the same as it
looks today.  One of the worst moves the City made was bowing to the
Nostalgia Nazi by keeping it standing.

Another missed opportuntity to build somehting new and extraordinary
in favor of the dead hand control of the past.