What about the whole concept of the cities investment in the parking meter
equipment?
It's pretty obvious that people don't really have a hard time paying to park,
since they are
still doing it, even though it's currently free.
I sincerely doubt that the rather tiny cost of parking is going to keep people
away.
The bigger problem is having a year round boardwalk that has enough of an
attraction to
keep going year round. As it stands now, I don't see that happening.