I'm 100% certain that the masses that came to the city on Saturday for a
concert would've
happily paid to park. It comes with the territory of going to see a show.
If you are going to MSG for a concert, you'll pay for parking. Same thing in
Newark and so
on.
The city lost an opportunity this weekend.
The city is also letting MM do whatever they want, because they are blinded by
the glow of
their celebrity and $$$$.
In the end, somebody is going to make a lot of money, and it's not going to be
the city of
Asbury Park. MM will be laughing all the way to the bank.