You miss he point. How many "free" spaces do you deserve? Just say it so we
know where you stand. The city is doing that so you do not have to deal with
the meters. You live close to the waterfront and action. Visitors will park
there. The city is helping you. Even though I bought in the 600 block, 7 years
ago I made sure I still had plenty of parking OFF SITE. My wife thought I was
nuts, there was no one here. But I saw it as it WOULD be.

So what's the solution? Free resident parking permits for all of us? Or do we
pay for them? I can't buy them because I do not live in your area. What do you
want?