for once I agree that in an era where every state in India is trying to work for the betterment of its own -- it would be a good idea to focus on the employment of Asam's people only or NE regions --even in fixing the PM's recent largesse for rail and road construction - by a move to restrict the rail and road jobs to locals - to the extent possible.

Umesh

Prasenjit Chetia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dear Mr. Das;
What AASU did with the jobseekers was a debated issue and if you see
all the underlying truth it was a counter attack to a big conspiracy
which the big bosses of railways did for their kins of bihar. Biharis
were called all over india for interviews, does it happen the same way
in bihar, no it is not. I was doing a project of UTS implemented under
the whims and fancies of Nitish Kumar, the then railways minister who
competed Ram Vilas Paswan. They had setup railway division HQs is
danapur and patna with huge investments which are only 2hrs apart in
distance. These favortism goes on and it is a long story. The beating
up issue is only a pitfall. I don't think , anybody could have
stopped the guys from bihar to appear in guwahati where the boys from
assam or entire NE seeking the same were not called for appearing the
exam wi! th no reason to explain.

I think if you have to save your existence, you have to be a little
bit of "jatiatabadi". All others have that, otherwise you will have to
leave your identity and forget what you were.

Prasenjit

Prasenjit Chetia
Atlanta, GA