Hi A:

At 1:40 PM -0500 5/9/05, Alpana B. Sarangapani wrote:
C'da: do you have a plan to make the net stink without anybody doing anything as opposed to the saying that you just mentioned?

*** Good to hear from you. You have been quiet. I was wondering why you hadn't joined in the spear-chucking on me ?

Yes, yes, I have many plans in my stinky little bag of tricks. But, this particular shot I took on account of charges of 'paranoia' on my part because it is thrown around by some Texans, every time they are against the wall, unable to defend assertions that I challenge.

Why did I not name them and used the cover of gwal-gaali? One,because I am good at it ( didn't know that did you ?), the other because I like to to make the objects of my torment go check if the shoe fits, as often as possible> it is an old technique to wear the opponents down. Also I am tired of giving out all the answers every time I am in an inquisition, while the inquisitors blithely ignore the questions I raise. As a fair and neutral-to-a-fault person, can you blame me? Yet another is, if I don't torment the nimakhit Texarkhowas who would I torment? The sharp and the feisty ? I may be foolish, but not stupid.

C-da :-)

> But it is not your problem alone. It seems to be a common
affliction amongst certain Texas Kharkhowas .

And why is this guwal-gaali to the nimakhit Texamese who are minding their own business? J

From: Chan Mahanta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Rajen Barua" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <assam@pikespeak.uccs.edu>
Subject: Re: [Assam] Re: On Systems and Leaders.
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 12:21:26 -0500

Rajen:

I think you are writing this because you are paranoid with the idea
that only independence is >the way to go for Assam, and are
blind-folded to see anything outside the square. As such, >instead
of acting for the cause of Assam, you are just reacting to
everything GOI does. Even >your demand for reform for India sound
reactionary coming from an outside observer, and not >because you
are concerned about India. That is why you don't care even to know
what reforms >are needed. Overall, it looks like you are taking
training directly from George Bush in >advancing your
fundamentalist ideas. I thought you are a person with liberal views
and had >got nothing to do with George Bush. But I may be wrong.

*** I must have gotten you angry again .

Just few corrections:

 *** The word you were seeking to use was not 'paranoid'. Paranoia
 is a mental condition that makes one think, unreasonably, or
 without any foundation, that others are out to get him.

 But it is not your problem alone. It seems to be a common
 affliction amongst certain Texas Kharkhowas .

 There is all the evidence in the world that India is not capable of
 undertaking significant reforms. It is unable to even change
course
 on pursuing unproductive policies, as in Assam, as in Kashmir,
 for decades on end.

 All one needs to do is pay attention to PMs and Pres' lamenting how
 corruption in India cannot be brought down, until the people become
 more moral. I won't even touch upon POCOR philosophers'
 pronouncements .

Even >your demand for reform for India sound reactionary coming from
an outside observer, and not >because you are concerned about India.

**** You did figure that out didn't you ? I tried to hide that as
far as I could, but it must have showed. I must be slipping.

That is why you don't care even to know what reforms >are needed.

*** Oh yeah? You discovered another of my secrets again. Is that what you were trying to tell me all these months -- what reforms India needs? I mean in addition to leader designs and manufacturing plants? And NGO's to the rescue?

But you may be right, I must have come up with needs for reforms in
one of those attacks of paranoia. And since it sounded hallucinatory
>to the logical minded, they started talking of morality and NGOs.

Overall, it looks like you are taking training directly from George
Bush in >advancing your >fundamentalist ideas.

*** Man, you must have found the key to all my secrets. But honest Rajen, I have nothing to do with the X-ian right. But Rummy, Wolfie , W -- they could very well have brainwashed me subliminally. What with my interest in leveraging Assam and the NE's strategic location in the comon soft-war between the US and China.

BTW, you folks did not respond to my suggestive question on that at
all, I mean whether we should encourage Assam to try to leverage its
strategic location? Was it too scary?

 I thought you are a person with liberal views and had >got
nothing to do with George Bush. >But I may be wrong.

Oh you don't have to display any false humility here Rajen, nobody would try to suggest you might be wrong. Kotha eta aase nohoy: Nehagile gu nwgwndahi.You may have stumbled on to yet another ground-breaking discovery here. I have suspected myself that I might have a schizoid personality, spouting liberalism while cavorting with the conservatives.

BTW , did you know what conservatives are about? They are about
conserving the system ? They oppose change.

Take care.

c :-)

At 11:01 AM -0500 5/9/05, Rajen Barua wrote:
 >Now that we agree with you, we hope you don't have to scare all
of us again to take Assam away >from the mother.

*** That, unfortunately, is a highly premature wish.

I think you are writing this because you are paranoid with the idea
that only independence is the way to go for Assam, and are
blind-folded to see anything outside the square. As such, instead
of acting for the cause of Assam, you are just reacting to
everything GOI does. Even your demand for reform for India sound
reactionary coming from an outside observer, and not because you
are concerned about India. That is why you don't care even to know
what reforms are needed. Overall, it looks like you are taking
training directly from George Bush in advancing your fundamentalist
ideas. I thought you are a person with liberal views and had got
nothing to do with George Bush. But I may be wrong.
Rajen