Title: Re: [Assam] Re: On Systems and Leaders.
>I thought we heard arguments that citizen participation is where democracy's strength lies. And since that is lacking in India, things are as they are, and not >because there is anything faulty with the systems. And that NGOs is what they need who will fix governance.

Come on! Use some garden variety logic. You got it backwards. NGOs are needed for the people of India and Assam to paticipate in the very democratic process, to ask for reform, discuss reforms, suggest solutions, put the feet of MPs and MLAs on fire if need be.   Look at this country, how they participate in the democratic process through different NGOs.  NGOs are the voices of the people. Without such NGOs how you are even going to demand a reform. Just Chandan shouting from 6000 miles away in the net?
Rajen