Ram:

You are right, must have confused Singapore to some other country.
Asides that, though the facts still remain., ie solutions that work in
Singapore may not work for country like India, specially the
curtailing of 'rights' part.

*** What rights curtailing are you talking about? Which rights are curtailed in Singapore now that is available in other functioning democracies?

I agree with you on the autonomous part. Though, I am not sure if the
'govern' part will work well for some states (like Bihar).

*** I can't say anything about Bihar or others. But Look at Tamil Nadu--is it governed well to your knowledge? How about Andhra? And Gujarat?

Autonomy for the sake of better goveranace, I agree, but
NOT autonomy for autonomy's sake.

*** Who is arguing here about autonomy for autonomy's sake? In fact if I remember correctly, other than your very faulty response, other supporters of autonomy could not articulate a single sentence why they propose autonomy for Assam. They would be the ones who fit your description, and they usually argue from your side of the divide :-).

c-da