> Why don't you tell qmail to stop rejecting bare LF's. This setting is very
> hard to deploy with how many broken mailers their are.
Qmail IS refusing the message... That answer found in the debug log is a
Qmail-message and at least the sender knows the message isn't accepted. So why
doesn't ASSP know it's not accepted?

Even if there is some kind of time-out involved and the active refusal didn't
really come through It didn't explicitly accept the message....

It's the whole purpose of logging... I look at ASSP and check its log... If
that log shows me the same entries as if a message comes through I'm going to
check the log of the next service which is the MTA.
An explicit entry in ASSP's log the message has been accepted would have been
enough for me. I assume such an entry would have been missing in this case....

JP