Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 14:21:14 +0100
From: Albert Gall <ss3...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ath5k-devel] problem with senao (EPI-3601S) 600mW card
To: ath5k-devel@lists.ath5k.org

Hi

I have this card.
You need a regdomain allowing this, latest compat-wireless, latest crda,
latest wireless-regdb and ath_info tool from madwifi.

First download the wireless interface:

# ip link set wlan0 down

or

# ifconfig wlan0 down

Retrieve the module's PCI memory address with lspci:

# lspci -v
02:06.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications Inc. Atheros
AR5001X+ Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01)
       Subsystem: Atheros Communications Inc. TRENDnet TEW-443PI
Wireless PCI Adapter
here --> Memory at ff5e0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]

Set regdomain to 0x55:

# ./ath_info -w ff5e0000 regdomain 0x55

Now download ath5k:

# modprobe -r ath5k

Finally :

# modprobe cfg80211 ieee80211_regdom=BZ && sleep 2s && COUNTRY="BZ"
crda && modprobe -v ath5k

# iw list

Thank you, I did what you told me. And now I see that I have 30 dBm max
this is my *new* "iw reg get"
country BZ:
        (2402 - 2482 @ 40), (N/A, 30)
        (5735 - 5835 @ 40), (N/A, 30)
Other tools also say I have 30 dBm Max.

But the problems continues because I don't see any power improvements.
I once again played with this
#define AR5K_TUNE_MAX_TXPOWER
which is in the ath5k.h file. And set it to 600.

All this using the 31/May/2009 driver.

What else can I try to get the maximum power in Linux?

Thank you so much for your help!

--
omniprese...@wired®