Hi,

It's been quite some time since I started working with atheros cards in IBSS
mode.  Since I switched from madwifi to ath5k, I'm encountering severe
performance problems.

My testbed, up to now, has been two identical laptops with AR5413A chipsets.

In IBSS mode, the maximum attainable throughput between the two machines
(tested with iperf in UDP) hardly ever goes over 5 Mbps and is usually staying
around 2 Mbps, no matter what channel I'm on.

Are there any known limitations in IBSS mode in ath5k that could explain that?

Thanks for any suggestion.

Ignacy

--
A person is shit's way of making more shit.
                -- S. Barnett, anthropologist.