On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 05:00:46PM +0200, thus spake Ignacy Gawedzki:
>                                               I still would have to check what
> happens with madwifi/ahdemo, but can anyone confirm that this is wrong?

So I checked... and with madwifi and ahdemo, the retry chain looks good.  The
attempts are like three times at 48, then three times at 36 and eventually
success at 1.  So it seems that the retry chain is used properly.  With ath5k
in ad-hoc mode, it appears that the retry count with the first rate is much
higher, which means that the frame is more likely to be lost eventually, or so
it seems at first glance.  I don't have enough background in minstrel to judge
this as a bug or not. :/

--
I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.