Hi again,

I just ran another test.  This time, I plugged a USB Dlink (rt2x00usb/rt73usb)
into each of the machines with AR5213As, put them into ad-hoc mode and ran the
iperf throughput test.  I got a steady 20 Mbps as expected.

Then I put the AR5424 into monitor mode and looked at what's going on in
wireshark.  To my surprise, I was only able to see the ACK frames which were
transmitted at 6 Mbps.  No DATA frames at all.

When I tried the same with madwifi, I could see all the DATA frames
(transmitted at 54 Mbps) as well as the ACKs.

So it seems that there's something wrong with the way the ath5k receives the
frames, independently of the mode (or so it appears).

Something to do with the noise floor calibration perhaps?

--
 "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are
   always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."