Hi, Ignacy and all

> So it seems that there's something wrong with the way the ath5k receives the
> frames, independently of the mode (or so it appears).
>
> Something to do with the noise floor calibration perhaps?
 My results also agrees to this conclusion.
 In my case, ath5k_tasklet_rx()  shows packet receptions were failed
 due to AR5K_RXERR_CRC error when  54M and 48Mbps rate is
 selected at the sender side.

 I  am looking at the patch "ath5k: use noise calibration from madwifi hal"
 which Bob posted a week before, but have not tried it yet.

Note: sender was Madwifi 0.9.4 and receiver was ath5k in my test case and
          I have not verified it with ath5k for both sides.

Thanks
Taka

> Hi again,
>
> I just ran another test.  This time, I plugged a USB Dlink (rt2x00usb/rt73usb)
> into each of the machines with AR5213As, put them into ad-hoc mode and ran the
> iperf throughput test.  I got a steady 20 Mbps as expected.
>
> Then I put the AR5424 into monitor mode and looked at what's going on in
> wireshark.  To my surprise, I was only able to see the ACK frames which were
> transmitted at 6 Mbps.  No DATA frames at all.
>
> When I tried the same with madwifi, I could see all the DATA frames
> (transmitted at 54 Mbps) as well as the ACKs.
>
> So it seems that there's something wrong with the way the ath5k receives the
> frames, independently of the mode (or so it appears).
>
> Something to do with the noise floor calibration perhaps?

株式会社 シンクチューブ
海藻 敬之 tka...@thinktube.com
〒658-0032 神戸市東灘区向洋町中6-9 KFMビル 4E-10
Phone: 078-857-8390