Hi again,

Back to testing in IBSS with ath5k.  Iperf running from the AR5424 to one of
the AR5213A.  Throughput between 5 and 7 Mbps.

This time though, I ran a monitoring wireshark on the second AR5213A and
noticed something strange.  When the sender attempts to transmit at, say, 48
or 54 Mbps, it does so repeatedly for the same frame, until it is received or
the sender eventually gives up.

It seemed to me that the Minstrel rate control algorithm used the retry chain
of the drivers to schedule transmission attempts, which means I expect rather
e.g. one attempt at 54, then one at 48, etc.  I still would have to check what
happens with madwifi/ahdemo, but can anyone confirm that this is wrong?

--
To err is human, to purr feline.