Hi, Bob

Thanks for the comments.
> Question: did this work much better with a previous kernel,
> or does it just perform poorly in all kernels tried?

Kernel 2.6.30.7 (+ compat-wireless-2009-0820 )
I have not tried other version of kernel yet.
regarding "a previous kernel", I can also try kernel 2.6.28,
but is it "previous kernel" in your context ?

Also
at the beginning, I doubted this was cased by
PCI bus error of Ubiquity Router Station Pro (board),
but I feel this possibility is so small at this moment.

> Also, how far apart are the nodes in the network?

I tried 1m, 50cm, 30cm and etc. but this problem always remains here.
(also, I tried different frequencies, 2412, 2442, 2472MHz, and found
the almost same result with a bit difference )
> Note ath5k compared to madwifi does not have automatic noise
> immunity so it is expected to perform somewhat poorly at
> higher rates.
the madwifi in my test bed is 0.9.4 base and ANI is disabled for it I
believe.
( back to 2 year ago, madwifi community had discussion about
ANI and 0.9.4 has the swich enabling/disabling ANI,, let me check again )

thanks
Taka
>> Hi, Ignacy and all
>>

>>> So it seems that there's something wrong with the way the ath5k receives the
>>> frames, independently of the mode (or so it appears).
>>>
>>> Something to do with the noise floor calibration perhaps?
>>>
>>  My results also agrees to this conclusion.
>>  In my case, ath5k_tasklet_rx()  shows packet receptions were failed
>>  due to AR5K_RXERR_CRC error when  54M and 48Mbps rate is
>>  selected at the sender side.
>>
>>  I  am looking at the patch "ath5k: use noise calibration from madwifi hal"
>>  which Bob posted a week before, but have not tried it yet.
>>

> I doubt it will make a huge difference, but feel free to
> try.
>
> Question: did this work much better with a previous kernel,
> or does it just perform poorly in all kernels tried?
>
> Also, how far apart are the nodes in the network?
>
> Note ath5k compared to madwifi does not have automatic noise
> immunity so it is expected to perform somewhat poorly at
> higher rates.

海藻 敬之 tka...@thinktube.com
〒658-0032 神?市東灘?向洋町中6-9 KFM?? 4E-10
Phone: 078-857-8390