Re: The Windows 10 New World Order

@Sebby, got the Mac because I wanted to keep myoptions open, and didn't realize OS X would be this hard to get used to. I'm going to play with it when I feel like it and will definitely listen to the podcasts, but I'm really just not motivated right now to learn it; I think you're right about the familiarity thing but I can't really ditch Windows at this point, and Linux has its own problems. All that aside, I feel like the TTS alone is going to keep me from being as fast as I am on Windows, and like I said I value speed. Also talking of Linux it sounds like you haven't installed from a live CD in a long time, forgive me if I'm wrong here. I've used quite a few live CDs on some pretty weird hardware and have rarely had a problem; the Talking Arch CD in particularly is very good with hardware detection, if that's your distro of choice, and it's a network install.
I haven't had issues installing Windows independently for a long time now, except sometimes on drives that are already partitioned for something else. You can use the command prompt to manage partitions and use keyboard shortcuts for the installation screens. Getting them to boot from disk is another issue entirely, but that's not really MS's fault. I agree that there's no excuse not to provide a talking installer, but I guess I personally just don't really need one.