Re: 6 Swords - Fantasy Adventure game for Amazon Echo

I like the idea of temples infested with demons or devils. Maybe that can be a focus for Patron Deity based missions. There could be an interesting tie in with the civil war. The first novel in the Six Books of Magic deals with invading the demon planes.

Wizard labs would need more curating. The special places right now are category driven. So I'd need to do some work and sort of create ad-hoc categories. Could be interesting though if they tended to hold magical loot.

You can currently say "more" in a shop and get more info on items. Other than that, I've tried to introduce the "what is XXX" command. That's proved linguistically complicated though. Alexa and Assistant don't really like open ended questions. So technical problems have been holding those up.

If you notice in the last release notes I implemented "autoEnter" and "visibleIf" tags on a feature location. These are the underpinning so that I write better quests. The next step is to create a sort of overlay so that I can create a location that's really a dialog graph. Saying "yes" sends you east, saying "no" sends you west. Then I can have proper NPC encounters. It's going to take a bit of time to get there. But I'm working on it.

An aegis of Minerva is a +2 shield I think.

Castles and forts are along roads. Outposts can be anywhere though. Try saying "what is nearby". It works reasonably well on Google Home, but I think less so on Amazon Echo. That will help you in your search for interesting places.

I'm glad you noticed the temples! I re-jiggered some interior mechanisms when I create dragon lairs and giant halls. I didn't want to just have the hodge-podge of random rooms like for animal dens. I had a more structured way of doing temples. So I improved that, and in so doing, also added a few new templates for temples as well.
I hope to do something similar with towns and cities. Right now they only have three basic patterns. They are a little trickier than fixed locations (since streets have unique names and run over several points). But I think I can extend the same mechanism.

Keep the ideas coming! They help a lot.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jjaquinta via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : devinprater via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector