Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

Jade, I only have one question, because other than that, your post was very well spoken and eloquent, as usual.Of those 129000 deaths, are all of those deaths actually because of covid, or simply being labelled as such? I've seen enough statements from reliable sources in my books that have said that a good number of these deaths arenot actually due to covid19, that if you were known to have covid19 and then died afterwards, many places noted it as a covid death. Your thoughts on this?

For me personally, I think I'm ata point where I feel like no social gatherings at all is not helping any at all. Spikes are inevitable, because at some point we are going to open p. How big the spike is what we can control... and at least here in BC, people are recognizing the importance of keeping social gatherings small, but also acknowledging how important those gatherings are. I haven't forgotten the seriousness of the disease, but I also believe that being told to sit still is going to work for so long. Officials in BC have said that 50 people wil be the largest size of gathering until an affective treatment of vaccine is found. What if none is? We still don't have one for SARS or MERS... is 50 going to be the largest number of people gathered for the forseeable future then? Because that seems pretty grim to me... so is it serious? Hell yes. But do I think there have been some questionable regulations made that are a little heavy-handed? Part of me is starting to think so, especially as we are starting to reopen, and the number of cases is going down. Having said that,I definitely do not think thousands should be flocking to events without at least a mask. Two meters or not, wel, I'm starting to wonder about that, too.