Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

Guys, I have a solution to this.

Ignore Accman, otally and completely. Don't offer help or advice. Don't offer further criticism. Don't offer support if things go badly. He's made his bed, so let's let him lie in it now.

He's convinced himself that since masks aren't perfect, they aren't worthwhile.
He's convinced himself that being made to do something is some sort of mortal sin even though he presumably is fine with most laws against things like killing and stealing, since those laws help people.
He's convinced himself that there is science to suggest that not wearing a mask is mathematically comparable with wearing one.
He's convinced himself that we just need to let a disease that kills people run its course instead of taking steps to limit its spread. Aren't you glad he's not a virologist? I know I am.

At the end of the day, there is no arguing with this. People will do stupid things if they're bound and determined, and in essence, we've been doing little but reinforce. I'm sorry for that. I get wrapped up in trying to help people see that they're being foolish, and I sometimes fail to realize that I'm actually reinforcing their dangerous behaviour. So logic won't work. I'm done. Because when Accman's behaviour hurts somebody, I don't want to later be told that it was my insistence that made him stick to his guns. Accman, for your sake, I hope you see reason before you and yours get sick, or before you do direct and measurable harm to someone. I also hope you learn the meaning of common courtesy. I'm also glad you don't own one of those small businesses you claim to want to be in support of.

But yeah. My recommendation is simple. We know we're right. Let's stop arguing with the conspiracy theorist. Let's stop granting him indirect legitimacy by engaging with his ideas. It takes two or more people to argue, so let's end the argument on our own terms. Speaking personally, that's what I intend to do going forward.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mastodont via Audiogames-reflector