Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

It's not just America, it's all over the world. Even in a small country like Romania conspiracy theories seem to be gaining ground quickly and more and more people start rebelling against the rules. Yesterday and today we registered the highest number of cases in 24 hours and authorities say this is the second peak, a peak that has already surpassed the first in terms of cases registered daily. And all of this happens because many people confused less restrictions with no restrictions and went to the beaches, organised huge parties and did everything just as before, without taking the most elementary precautions.
I fear that we will all be infected one day if a vaccine isn't developed quickly, however the most important thing is to limit the spread to as few as possible because I don't think we can stop it completely. Masks are a great help regarding this. Of course they are not 100% effective but even 1% is better than nothing and could make a difference for millions. Just immagine that 3% of the world population would die, that's an insanely high number and noone even wants to think about taking responsibility for it so this is why we must try to limit the spread as much as possible until a vaccine is developed.
What I noticed about conspiracy theorists though is that they are good at criticising the actual measures but fail spectacularly when asked about what measures should be implemented. They think about people just as numbers and herd immunity is their excuse for millions of deaths. I think it was Sven Hassel that said in one of his books that a few deaths can be a tragedy for the world but when the numbers are high it's just a statistic and everyone treats it as such.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mastodont via Audiogames-reflector