Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

He hasn't entirely turned on us and the bill is not law yet. It's got three weeks yet before that happens, and it's entirely possible we end up having it destroyed because we've done that before. Ford has tried stupid shit before and has found himself stopped when there's enough public outcry. The premier is powerful, but he's only a provincial leader. This is something our country's leader would never do, IMO, so while it definitely looks bad, it's nowhere near as nasty as you might think.
And hey. The way I figure it, we've got a premier in Ontario who was arguing for far too long with teachers, who definitely has interest in real estate over individuals, and who generally represents a center-right agenda. But we don't have someone in charge who will gas peaceful protestors. We don't have someone in charge who cares more about ratings than lives. We don't have someone in charge who has suggested drinking antiseptic to help cure Covid-19. We don't have someone in charge who ignores the good advice of health experts. In a side-by-side comparison of Ford vs. Trump, neither is much good, but we've got an enormous upper hand there. If I had to choose between the two, it's Ford every time. No question.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mastodont via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector