Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/06 … d-19-drugs

Have a gander at that link. It's a starting point. And when you're done there, check this out:
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/07/navar … loroquine/

For what it's worth, I'm glad I'm not a virologist either. It's a dizzying amount of info. What it looks like, though, is that one study with problems should never have been cited by Trump or anyone else as something people should be banking on.

That's not even really the problem though. If Trump had had faith in something that didn't look harmful, and it turned out to be a bust, that's not awful in its own right.

But it gets worse. Check this out:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52407177

If you read this article, you'll see that Trump is essentially asking if putting UV light or disinfectants directly into the body can possibly kill Covid-19. And this is absolutely, categorically a foolish and dangerous thing to be caught saying, ever, in public if you run a country. Trump ought to know by now that there are enough idiotic Americans who would take that idea and run with it. If he didn't know that then, then he's even stupider than I imagined.
Because let's be real here. I have known that you don't want to ingest bleach or rubbing alcohol since I was, oh, I dunno, about five or so, when I was caught sniffing a bottle of rubbing alcohol and shouted at because it was poisonous. right then, my mom explained to me what it was for, and that I must never drink it. I have since done plenty of research on the effects of these sorts of things on the body. You can get away with drinking rubbing alcohol if you're lucky, but the body will break it down into chemicals that don't kill infection, and you'll risk your life for nothing. Bleach is far, far worse, and can straight-up kill you by dissolving the mucosal membranes in your mouth, throat, esophagus and stomach, not to mention your trachea and lungs. While disinfectants and UV light have an effect on the Sars CoV2 virus itself outside the body, the effects inside the body are an entirely different matter.
If Mr. Trump truly didn't know any of this, then the proper time and place to get his facts straight is away from the eye of the public. Because what he did - the quotes speak for themselves - is intimate that he thinks using these substances within the body might work. He doesn't come straight out and say so, but he leads it pretty nicely.

This, I think, is what people talk about when they say that Trump is an idiot about disinfectants. Hydroxochloroquine, after all, is not a disinfectant; it's an antimalarial drug. We must not confuse the issue by attempting to mislead.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mastodont via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector