Re: explaining things with on the spot thoughts

For me personally at least, it's more about writing about all of the problems for the sake of writing about them. E.G, to use a somewhat silly example, I fell down the stairs on my way to school this morning. Considering I live on the top flor of the 6th form building, it wasn't exactly a fun time. I'll be having PE tomorrow, which assuming I get any broozes from this, could potentially agrivate them. A lot more could happen to make my day suck, but you get the idea. Rather than try to put a posative spin on it while writing about it, I expand apon all of my problems, sometimes writing for pages at a time. There's probably a term for this, but talking, or in this case writing, about things really does help you think about them in a way that doesn't involve you going over and over them in your head. I suppose the reason for this is because you're actually doing something about it, even if it might not actually help with the problem at hand.
I suspect you've already done this on here without necessarily realising it. That topic you made regarding your depression? I highly doubt you would have gotten much actual help from the forum, we're a gaming forum after all, but I'd imagine just writing about it helped you feel better about the situation / think about other things. This is why I think a blog would be a good idea, because it's entirely your own space where you can say whatever you like, and people are more than able to view it if they wish, or not, depending on what you want to do.
This topic sure is making me want to dive into wordpress again though, it's been a long time since I've tinkered with it, and my last blog was, well, from a very different part of my life.