Re: explaining things with on the spot thoughts

So I've read that being honest is easier than lying. That said, we almost always inject a certain amount of untruth into our responses. The longer it takes to respond to a question, or an idea, the more chance your innately honest lower brain, and memory retrieval system has of getting derailed by the higher parts of your brain that want to apply logic and social conditioning to your answer.

Sometimes that's useful: "What's the best way of shoring up this bridge? probably isn't "Screw the bridge, let's all go to the pub instead".

At the risk of delving into the realm of armchair psychology, I'd guess that these seemingly unconnected thoughts you're experiencing are either your subconscious feeding you tidbits of useful stuff from your past in the form of half-formed sentences based on pre-or-early cognitive experiences, or your creative brain is playing tricks on you, and actually you should be asking a qualified therapist to help you sort out which it is before you self diagnose and travel down that particularly fun rabbit hole.