Re: Mortal Kombat x officially announced!

I would never ever want to play a fighting game with a keyboard. It would be brutal. I like the PlayStation controllers quite a lot, honestly. I wonder if you can get one that'll hook up to a PC using USB or some such? That might be cool.
Yes, I know why the aforementioned games weren't accessible, and I'm not saying that Mortal Kombat X will be totally inaccessible either. It won't be. I just think that the hype, for blind players at least, should be kept in check. If you expect to compete toe to toe with the sighted, you're kidding yourself.
I don't have or use Twitter, but that's a good idea. I think something that would work would be a chime when the match starts; make it a certain pitch if it's variation 1, a slightly higher pitch if variation 2, then a third chime for variation 3. This would be really, really easy to stick in, considering they have DLC that isn't fully made yet. If any of you others have twitter, you mig ht want to suggest this, as it would not detract from a sighted player's experience and would take virtually no effort to either code or implement. I don't mean something really ugly and huge either, sound-wise, just something small. Technically, a sighted player will know who they're fighting sooner than a blind player will anyway, but once you've memorized things like openings and whatnot, you'll get about as close as you can to accessibility.
Once more is known of the menu structure and the actual amount of content we'll have as blind players, I may be interested in obtaining a copy of this game. I've got a fairly strong laptop that should run it, and if I can get a PlayStation-style controller that'll hook up to the laptop and be recognized properly, that'd be great fun. That, plus high-end stereo headphones? Sounds very yummy.