Re: Tentative Entombed 2 Design Decisions

Glad you like the idea of enchanting, actually with what you say about a variety of weapon types and reaches being useful it would probably come in even more handy.

As regards difficulty, one fact I did always like in Entombed was that the game wasn't a pushover. There were a few getto tactics, iceblast to head being the most common, but generally speaking tactical play would be significantly rewarded, which actually sounds even more so the case in Entombed ii with it's more involved battle system. This is however one reason I hope even finding other members for your party is too some extent randomized, sinse for my money the less you can expect, the more solid the game.

Warning! here on repost from entombed list (yes I am lazy).
This is all sounding positively amazing, and just what
entombed 1 was lacking in it's balance, and I can't wait to
give it a try, but I do have a couple of questions.
First, you mention three rows. Do you need a character in
each row? or can you have an empty middle row. for
example, if I had a fighter, a ranger and a mage, could I put
the fighter in the front row and the ranger and mage both on
the back row with a space between them where the second
row should be, or would I automatically need to put
characters on all three rows for there to be three rows. This
also applies if I had a fighter on the front, a ranger on the
second and a mage on the third, and the ranger gets ko'd by
the enemy, even though the fighter and mage are still as
they were, would the mage automatically advance putting
them in range of the enemy's longer hafted weapons?
Also, what happens if a character falls over but is not killed.
Various attacks in entombed 1 knocked targets down,
(noteably the monk's takedown ability). If a fighter is in the
front row and is knocked down, it would seem to make
sense that the enemy's should then get the chance to either
attack the fighter lying on the ground, or attack those on the
row behind sinse the fighter is no longer standing in front of
them.
hope this makes sense.
Btw, I'll replicate this on the audiogames.net forum, though
feel free to answer in whatever place in convenient.