Interesting. This is definitely something I missed. However, I've tried a dozen or so reasonably popular CDs with EAC and none have been recognized as key disks. Is there a list of these someplace?

- Ken

Mike Anderson wrote:

So it appears that EAC is NOT entirely accurate unless the read offsets are correctly set, and this is not being done by default.

This is nothing new. You should have read the instructions for setting
up EAC beforehand.  You're supposed to use a key disc to calibrate the
read offset.

Somewhere on the hydrogenaudio forum there's a post with the
instructions for setting up EAC properly.