pfarrell Wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-12-10 at 13:02 -0800, CardinalFang wrote:[color=blue]
> So you should expect it to sound as good as
> a $1000 or more 'audiophile' CD player.

I think that's pretty optimistic, unless living in the US means you
have to suffer some really bad 'audiophile' equipment, or you're
comparing it to something designed well over 5 years old.

That whole part of the article seemed more like hearsay to me.  Yes,
squeezebox is good, yes it makes a good transport, but a modern $300 cd
player uses a fixed crystal clock too.  A pc may do a better job with a
marginal/damaged cd, but otherwise the difference shouldn't be
significant.

--
bludragon