pfarrell Wrote:
> If you don't notice, you need to spend more money on your vinyl playback
> equipment, preamps, cables, etc. so you can be called a true
> audiophile.
>
> It is interesting to note that the majority of audiophiles are
> men over 30 and most are over 40. Too much rock-n-roll
> is likely to have had more impact on the ears and hearing than
> a little normalization.
Yeah.  I need to improve my equipment to the point where I can hear and
despise all the imperfections in the original recording, so that I can
be unhappy but smug.

I've never been to a rock concert, but years and genetics are taking
their toll on my hearing, anyway.

Even so, at this point, my ears and equipment are still good enough
that the main problem is probably my house.  Standing waves ...

--
tom permutt