My digitised LP's (44.1/16) sound BETTER (on the SB) than when listening
to the deck - I put this down to the fact that there is no airborne
vibration in the room affecting the reproduction...

Interestingly, CD's burned from the same wav files don't sound as good
as the wav files played over the SB. Too many variables at play here to
make any conclusions.

And having played extensively (and expensively) with 96 & 192 / 24
recording my conclusion was that it wasn't worth the disk space.
I'm not convinced that dvd-a /  SACD are really a great leap forward
either...
Having said that, HDCD recordings (of which I have a fair few) are
almost universally good...

YMMV of course

--
Phil Leigh