Skunk Wrote:
> Lack of moving parts is a fairly big implementation detail.
>
> In my very humble opinion the 'revolution' is getting an asynchronous
> data receiver chip close to a DAC chip. Sure the convenience is great
> for the masses, but I went to PC delivery to get the best sound
> possible on my budget. I consider it a changing of the guard, being
> able to get so much digital performance for so little money.

Last time I checked hard disks had moving parts! ;-D

I agree that the transfer mode is the important change. Of course,
there is absolutely nothing that have stopped the industry from doing
this right all along, even with CD -they just haven't most of the
time.

P.S: Using the SB with an external DAC reintroduces the exact same old
problem.

--
P Floding