Quoting P Floding <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Last time I checked hard disks had moving parts! ;-D

I'm guessing the wink means you realize the disk isn't part of the timing chain.

Of course, there is absolutely nothing that have stopped the industry from >doing this right all along, even with CD -they just haven't most of the time.

I would think Moore's law played a large role in buffering and reclocking audio data, as Jim noted.

P.S: Using the SB with an external DAC reintroduces the exact same old problem.

Thus my infatuation with the internal DAC. If asynchronous transmission eliminates the catch 22 of having to seperate digital components for better isolation- while using less than ideal connections; an external DAC hanging off the SB seems rather Luddite in approach.