I can agree that this is an unusual experiment!

You do not have a DC component here, as during the timeperiodes (the
halves) you cut away, the output voltage is 0V (in theory, at least).

What is happening when you play one of your samples, the speaker unit
will only push out and go back to it's "resting position". Playing the
other signal, the speak will only pull in instead. Now, if that has
anything to do with the sound differences you hear, I don't know.

Other explantions are that you have an (unwanted) DC offset from your
speaker.

I wouldn't want to do this test for long and too loud though - just in
case...

--
tomsi42

SB3, Rotel RC-1070/RB-1070, dynaBel Exact.