Hi 325,

IMHO there is a lot of difference between 6 meters away or behind a
wall than something on the hi-fi rack. Also microwaves are designed to
keep the RF in where as WiFi access points etc are designed to transmit
it.

I think it is well to remember that I was talking about audiophiles
here, which are apparently the market that the transporter is aimed
at.

Most 'normal' people are looking for ease of use and good value for
money combined with reasonable audio quality.

Audiophiles on the other hand are looking for the best possible audio
quality over and above all else. Ease of use, looks, cost etc are not
normally factors that an audiophile would pay much attention too.

Such things as clean mains supply, quality of interconnects, type of
rack used, arrangement of pieces of kit in relation to each other on
the rack, turning off displays, disconnecting unused inputs, oh... and
RF from Wi-Fi, all only make small, even minute differences to the
sound but to an audiophile their combined effect is very important.

I know people who have spent £15,000 on a CD player because it sounds
fractionally better than the £7,000 one they already own. To these
people ANY minute improvement to sound quality is worth pursuing as
long as they can hear it.

I also know people who would consider spending £200 on a Squeezebox an
outrageous waste of money.

I think its important to bear in mind that even within the ranks of
audiophiles we all have different kit, hearing and rooms. Just because
a change yields an improvement for one person it doesnt mean it will
benefit another. Also just because you can measure it doesnt
necessarily mean you can hear it and vice-versa.

As with all things, each to his own.

--
London Lad

SB3/ALW PSU>NAC552>NAP500>NBLs