London Lad Wrote:
> IMHO there is a lot of difference between 6 meters away or behind a wall
> than something on the hi-fi rack. Also microwaves are designed to keep
> the RF in where as WiFi access points etc are designed to transmit it.

Microwaves are noisy enough to disrupt 802.11b/g data transmission...

London Lad Wrote:
> I think it is well to remember that I was talking about audiophiles
> here, which are apparently the market that the transporter is aimed at.

I'm a little familiar with that market segment :) There are two types
of audiophiles: those who prefer to live in fantasy, and those who like
to know physics of the things. Both may love music though... I consider
myself belonging to a second group. So far I haven't see too many
valuable opinion that it's absolutely impossible to do a design correct
enough to handle WiFi transmitter emitted noise. Not necessarily SD did
that, but I hope so, they are serious guys.

--
325xi

simaudio nova cdp >> simaudio moon i-5 >> revel performa m20 via
acoustic zen matrix reference ii and acoustic zen satori

-planned additions: sb3 >> deq2496 >> lavry da-10 >> ... or will it be
transporter?-