Lots of expensive parts were involved so it was not cheap cheap, I think
about USD400 plus the SB2.  A lot went into the power supplies and black
gates everywhere.  Black Gates work very well with NOS DACs - better
than Auricaps.

I couldn't call the DA10 close to the Gold in my system, but obviously
such subjective ratings are subjective. My system involves Nuforce amps
too, but through Jena SCs and Verity Parsifals.  I have owned the Blue
about two years, the Black about three months and had the Gold on loan
for 6 weeks.  The Black is on loan to a friend who also finds it a
little too lacking in immediacy in his system.  It is a fantastic
value, no doubt of that, clearly better value than the Blue.  But I do
prefer my Monica2, and the Gold was clearly more resolving and notes
started and stopped with much less smear and more naturally.

--
Jenks