Like I said, I should hope the Gold was more resolving.  Eight or nine
times the cost.  Yep, it had better be something special.  I find it
out that you consider the Lavry "smearing," though.  Audio
professionals and even high-profile reviewers I know consider it state
of the art and perfectly revealing.  In an absolute sense.  Still,
there is always a matter of taste.  I personally prefer it to the
Benchmark, but some people prefer the Benchmark.  Potatoes, Potaatoes.

Alas, modding something by one's self is beyond most people.  The
Monica sounds kind of cool, though.  Is there a market place somewhere
for DIY projects like this?  From your comments, I'd be interesting in
getting my paws on one to check outl.

--
highdudgeon

Really nice Harbeths.  Nuforce amps.  Digital EQ.  Lavry DA10.  SB3.
Transporter on the way.  This is my "main system."  The nicest thing
was doing away with the preamp.  The SB3 is a perfect Transport.