Impeller;157919 Wrote:

> Was it the RA-1062 you meant? The 1072 seems to be the matching CD
> player.

You are right. It's the RA-1062 I was thinking of.

Impeller;157919 Wrote:

> Would the amp upgrade really make much difference at this level?
> Wouldn't I be better off sticking with the cheaper amp and investing in
> better speakers? (I'm only going on what I've heard/read - would
> appreciate your thoughts.)

I feel that the RA-1062 is a much better than the RA-0? models. Here's
a thread on the subject:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=28432

Impeller;157919 Wrote:

> I have listened to the Diamond 9.1s with an RA-04 amp round a friend's
> house, and I was impressed. They sounded powerful enough for my front
> room (not a very big room) and seemed to be very precise and
> controlled.

Powerful and good control. That is typical Rotel; and they are neutral
as well. The RA-1062 has that too, and I find it more detailed as well.

Impeller;157919 Wrote:

> But as I said, I'll have to listen to some others. Any particular
> recommendations around the £250 mark or below? What Hi-Fi seem to like
> the Monitor Audio Bronze BR2 speakers which are only £50 more than the
> 9.1s.

If you can afford it, you should reach higher on the speakers,
£300-£500.

--
tomsi42

SB3, Rotel RC-1070/RB-1070, dynaBel Exact, Kimber Kable 4TC and Timbre.