"I heard a Boulder modified SB2 with a fancy interconnect and Boulder
PSU against an SB+ the other week. Although the Boulder SB2 is much
better than a standard SB3, everyone agreed the SB+ was better still."

I'm curious whether this was using the digital outs or the analog
(analogue)

I still have a hard time believing that digital in/digital out is going
to sound different. It just runs contrary to my understanding. Maybe
jitter is being introduced. I would love to see spectragraphs comparing
the two. That should take care of the jitter question.

Also, you say the Boulder modded sounds much better than the standard
SB3, but apparently it wasn't part of this test.

I'm open to getting mods. But someone is going to have convince me that
the SB2 used only as a digital transport is going be improved by this.

Sorry guys, if not a DBT, at least a side by side comparison. No
memories, especially after spending a bunch of money to get the mods
and waiting weeks in anticipation.

There has been a lot about research into the placebo effect recently.
It is a powerfull thing.

--
regalma1