325xi;184113 Wrote:
> Although I totally agree about Swiss watch thing - that's why I'm
> interested in getting the best even though I might not hear it in
> real.

Well, I like to buy the best over the line of audibility, but not at
the cost of an order of magnitude in price. So a Transporter makes
sense to me over an SB3, but you can see i have SB3s too :-) I don't
have the top end DAC you might notice.

I use coax and toslink interchangably. I do not have run lengths to
justify one over the other - it is mostly driven by a) I am used to
optical gear professionally so its fun (but more expensive) to have it
at home and b) what connections the gear I am connecting need.

When using optical I pick a known to me manufacturer of decent optical
patch cables. Tight fit and good seating are all that I look for. "The
network is the connector" after all...

A short plastic optical connection from a reputable patch cable
manufacturer should be more than good enough. Same goes for the coax
cable.

--
Eric Carroll

Transporter-Bryston 3B SST-Paradigm Reference Studio 60 v.4
SB3-Rotel RB890-B&W Matrix 805
SB3-Pioneer VSX-49TXi-Mirage OM7+C2+R2
ReadyNAS NV+