Omega,
Yes I have digital volume fixed (and analogue volume at 63 - i.e.
off!), no auto gain and I stream FLAC (as I can hear NO difference
streaming WAV or FLAC). Digital o/op is coax into TACT  RCS 2.2x (and
then Altmann JISCO+UPCI into MR X-DACv3 - all coax...)

I tried it 4 or 5 times with a couple of revealing albums with nice
reverb tails - Dire Straits/Communique and Keb Mo' Peace...

6.3.1+latest firmware.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...

...SB3+TACT+Altmann+MF DACXV3/Linn tri-amped Aktiv 5.1 system and some
very expensive cables ;o)