amey01;214134 Wrote:
> No - precisely the opposite. If you make a recording in a live venue,
> then play back that recording:
>
> 1: At the same venue
> 2: Through the same sound system
> 3: Through the same speakers
>
> There will be a clear difference. Of course there will be. Anyone can
> pick that up.

Opposite of what?  I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with.  The
components that make the biggest difference (that is, introduce the
most distortion into reproduced sound) are mics and speakers.  There
are two reasons:  placement and room effects, and because the drivers
are non-linear and unable to accurately reproduce an electric signal
(at least by comparison with other components).

I don't know why there's any debate about this - you can measure how
much difference amplifiers or digital sources make, and you can measure
how much difference speakers and rooms make, and it's not close - not
even remotely close.

--
opaqueice