Phil Leigh;216670 Wrote:
> My only remaining window of doubt concerns the clock signal. It may be
> affected. In my experience, really messed up clocks do indeed give rise
> to audible clicks and other distortion. My concern is regarding clocks
> that are not completely broken  - but are not as "good" as they should
> be.

What happens if the sending clocks varies slightly, but the DAC can
still get bits reliably.  The outgoing analog pitch varies or what?

> Oh and if ANYONE suggest we get better USB cables they should be taken
> out and shot. Like ethernet. they either work or they don't in a given
> application.

True if the USB audio streaming is a packet protocol with error
correction, but is it?  I know it is a separate thing in USB world, but
what kind of animal.

Teemu

--
tot