haunyack wrote:
> Richard Vandersteen's take on EQ/RC :

[snip]

I don't think he quite gets it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but RC (hint: Room Correction) as I understand
it doesn't really touch the original signal, it simply takes away the
effect of the room.

e.g.

Standard system:

        Signal-->Speaker-->Room-->Ear

Room can be thought of as a filter. e.g

        Signal-->Speaker-->Filter-->Ear

So, if we want to remove the effect of the Filter(i.e. the room), we
need to apply the inverse of the Filter to the signal. e.g.

        Signal-->1/Filter-->Speaker-->Filter-->Ear

If the filtering is done in the digital domain with sufficient precision
and accuracy it should have little or effect on the signal.

Of course, this is all theoretical. I've not actually played with RC yet.

R.