Phil Leigh;229793 Wrote:
> Darren, whist generally agreeing, I think one needs to be careful not to
> take this argument to extremes. After all, that isn't how the music is
> actually made...(nobody in the studio is doing DBT every time they
> change something in the mix! - and try telling any musician that they
> can't tell reliably the differences between the sounds of
> instruments).

Yep, I agree with you. DBT is useful for testing statements which are
contentious or have known technical factors which stack the odds
against them. The examples you gave and any number of others don't meet
that description.

Not to say I don't believe David when he says there are
differences...anything is possible. But this is one of those statements
which deserves a DBT, IMHO.
Darren

--
darrenyeats

SB3 / Inguz -> Sony DAS-703ES DAC -> Krell KAV-300i -> PMC AB-1
Dell laptop -> JVC UX-C30 mini system (old, cheap, loved)