acousticsguru;229860 Wrote:

> 1) Electrical engineers (more rarely acousticians or physicists) who
> stubbornly deny an audible difference something non-measurable and/or
> (seemingly) unscientic makes to frowned-upon audiophiles, until some
> years later, papers, tests and diagrams, i.e. scientic proof is being
> published - and all of a sudden, the same engineers claim they can hear
> that difference, too (and worse: always could).

Well, you have two seemingly contrary statements: a) something
non-measurable and b) scientific proof. Assuming the "proof" comes
along with measurements than somewhere along the line those self-same
engineers or some other ones figured out how to measure the phenomena
that was originally dismissed. This is not unusual in science (I speak
from experience on this one). Of course, I presented some evidence
above that only very large amounts of jitter were audible to people,
and you seemed to dismiss those results. Ok, so maybe the differences
*you* hear are not due to jitter, but unless you or those with similar
claims present some evidence that your findings are real (eg through
DBT), why should we trust *your* ears? Should we just take it on faith?

--
ezkcdude

There are 10 kind of people in the world - those who understand binary
and those who don't.
SHINYMETAL
'*Site*' (http://www.ezdiyaudio.com)| '*RSS*'
(http://www2.kumc.edu/students/ezamir/rss/ezdiyaudio.xml) |'*Forum*'