betto;229880 Wrote:
> A guaranteed a solution to the deficiencies of SPDIF is to design the
> DAC as the “Master” clock device

How good of you to go into somewhat more detail, but why would the
above apply to S/PDIF only, and not AES/EBU as well (up to that point,
you took care to include both or compare)? Just a momentary lapse in
your train of thought?

betto;229880 Wrote:
> So from an audiophile standpont, a squeezebox with world clock input-and
> toslink output, would be warmly welcomed, and 24/192 capability would
> let experiment upsampling algorithms and stay future-proof.i Of course
> you should have a DAC with the masterclock inside, but in that case
> you'd be very close to perfection.

Read my initial post at the start of this thread: isn't this what I was
asking for? Glad to have found someone who picks this up at last.

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

P.S.
Sorry to say this, but you -are- aware you're not giving a reason for
audible differences between S/PDIF and AES/EBU connections (all else
being equal, of course), but that it follows from what you're saying
that there shouldn't be one? No offense, just trying to make sure I
understand you correctly. I seem to have missed any implication that
you know of a/the reason.

--
acousticsguru