acousticsguru;229890 Wrote:

> You meant to say sighted as well as blind and double blind, correct?
> I'll assume you overread that part and are not trying to get smart on
> me trying to put your words into my mouth, all right? It appears to be
> getting late again, long day ;^)
>
> Greetings from Switzerland, David.

David, now we're getting somewhere. I went back and re-read your posts.
You said you heard differences when you did blind testing - but not with
SB3 or Transporter. Ok, I can believe that. No problem. Difference
between SPDIF and AES/EBU? I can think of at least one reason there
could theoretically be a difference: noise. AES/EBU should be
transformer coupled (either on the output of the transport or input of
the DAC). The galvanic isolation could provide a reduction in noise -
which could affect things, at least, in theory. These differences could
be even greater if the cable length is very long (>10 meters, let's
say). So, while I don't believe jitter is a major concern with the SB3
or Transporter - I could imagine that noise is a concern that could be
audible. BTW, my ezDAC (a DIY DAC I have designed) is
transformer-coupled on the input, so you know I'm not just saying this
for no reason. One last question - which may help all of us. Do you
have any recollections from your testing of what qualities could be
detected between these formats/transports? For example, was it as
obvious as more/less noise? Or was it more subtle, like stereo
imaging/separation/etc? Oh, before I forget - do yourself a favor - and
get a Squeezebox today!

--
ezkcdude

There are 10 kind of people in the world - those who understand binary
and those who don't.
SHINYMETAL
'*Site*' (http://www.ezdiyaudio.com)| '*RSS*'
(http://www2.kumc.edu/students/ezamir/rss/ezdiyaudio.xml) |'*Forum*'